updated May 14, 2021
The St. Joseph County Public Library reopened all branches for browsing on Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Curbside Pick-Up and Curbside Tech, including faxing, scanning, printing, and copying, will continue at all locations.
Library branches offer these services:
- Browsing, checkout, and holds pick up.
- Masks and social distancing are strongly encouraged.
- Limited seating is available until June 1, 2021.
- Account services, including new card registration
- Document services (fax, scanning, copying and printing)
- Curbside Pick-Up and Curbside Tech
- Newspaper check out
- Limited computer use
COVID-19 has changed so much of what we do and how we do it. From masks to social distancing, we all have to take steps to keep each other safe. At the same time, these necessary precautions change how we interact with one another.
Here is what you can expect when you come to see us:
- You can browse and check out books. We encourage you to wear a mask and practice social distancing while in the library.
- You can check out a newspaper to read at home. Limited seating is available inside the library until June 1.
- You can relax outside on the library patio at Centre, German, Francis, Lakeville, and North Liberty with your book or newspaper. Outdoor seating is also available at Tutt, Western, and LaSalle Branches.
- You can get help with your account and ask questions. If you need in depth reference help, please call 574-282-4646 so that we can spend more time giving you the assistance you need.
- You can have documents faxed, scanned, copied or printed. There will be no self-service use of this equipment, but we are happy to assist. The first 20 pages are free.
- You can use the computer. Each session is limited to 2 hours per person per day.
- You can create in Studio 304 and research in Local and Family History. There is a 2 hour time limit for these areas.
- Tele-meeting rooms are available at Centre, Francis, German and North Liberty Branches beginning September 21, 2020. These rooms are for individual use only. For tele-meeting room guidelines, click here.
- Beginning July 6, 2021, all branch meeting rooms will be available to all groups. Groups may start booking meeting rooms on June 1. To book a meeting room, click here.