The library can assist long distance or homebound patrons with lookups of St. Joseph County items, such as obituaries, marriage licenses, and newspaper articles. There may be a charge for this service.
Review our St. Joseph County Obituary Index
Most of our microfilm collection cannot be found in the library catalog, please review these documents:
- Microfilm Catalog (CRIMP, SBAGS, Catholic, City Directories, etc.)
- FamilySearch Microfilm Inventory
- Newspaper Index
- Newspaper Inventory A-M and N-Z
These items will not be available while Local & Family History Services is at Keller Park Branch.
LFH holds more than just books. Review our complete list of Finding Aids for archival materials including pamphlets, programs, minutes, reports, photographs, etc.
- Business & Industry
- Clubs, Societies & Organizations
- Fine & Performing Arts
- Places (Homes, Neighborhoods, Structures, Landmarks, Cemeteries)
- Journalism & Local Media
- Military History
- Library History
- Special Events
- St. Joseph County School Records
- St. Joseph County Yearbook Inventory
Donations to support our Local & Family History department are welcomed and appreciated.
Items we love:
- Local high school yearbooks
- City directories
- Histories of local businesses, organizations or churches
- Other local history items
To donate books by local authors please see Local Author Book Donation
We are happy to accept one copy of your published family history if the family has a local connection. We cannot accept research notes, notebooks, binders and most computer files. Review our Statement of Gift Form.
Want the latest news from Local and Family History Services? Sign up for our email list!
Genealogy Roundtable Discussion Group
First Thursday of each month
12:00pm-1:00pm in LFH department
Connect with fellow genealogists to discuss projects, share hints, and ask questions. All are welcome! Registration not required.
The St. Joe County Public Library is a FamilySearch Affiliate library!