updated September 30, 2021
The St. Joe County Public Library is committed to keeping our staff and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Library is open during our regularly scheduled business hours, although due to staffing shortages, we may have to restrict services or reduce hours at branches with little notice. During this time, you have many options for how to access library services safely. For our book lovers, Curbside Pick-Up and Grab & Go Books are safe alternatives and save you time! For our computer users, check out a device and print/fax/scan with Curbside Tech. There is also free WiFi in our parking lots.
To keep everyone safe, please wear your mask, practice social distancing, and as always, wash your hands. By working together we can make sure to keep everyone (and ourselves) safe and healthy.
Here is what you need to know about current library services:
- All library branches are open for regularly scheduled business hours.
- We encourage you to wear a mask while inside the library. Masks are required during all indoor programming. We are happy to provide a mask for you, free of charge.
- The Friends of the Library Bookstore is open regular hours.
- Check out our calendar of events for virtual programs. For virtual storytimes, visit our Facebook page or SJCPL Jr. YouTube channel.
- Chat with a librarian by calling 574-282-4646, Monday-Saturday, 10am-6pm.
- The virtual reference desk is open. Make a 1-on-1 appointment to get help with unemployment, SNAP, TANF, HIP, and rental assistance forms or ask questions about resources.
- WiFi is available in the parking lot of all library branches except the Main Library and Keller Park.
- Connect with us at sjcpl.org or on social media—Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Stay Up To Date with Trusted Sources
St. Joseph County Department of Health – Find the most recent SJC Public Health Orders, general resources for dealing with COVID, downloadable handouts for businesses
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) – In addition to public updates and local resources, this website has the Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard and Map. See what the weekly color-coded score means for our community here.
Regenstrief Institute COVID-19 Dashboard – Up-to-date metrics and data about COVID-19 hospitalization rates, cases, and testing in Indiana.
US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – This website includes information about symptoms, testing, vaccines, stress, and what to do if you are sick.