updated March 2, 2022
Face masks will now be optional for program participants beginning Wednesday, March 2, 2022. However, masks will still be required for programs with partners, such as the ND/SMC and VITA Tax Assistance Programs, musical performances with Art 4, and other programs with partners.
Since the Library reopened during the pandemic, face masks have been encouraged, but not required at all St. Joe County Library locations, and that will continue. Those who are comfortable wearing masks should continue to do so.
Social distancing is still recommended throughout the Library.
Here is what you need to know about current library services:
- All library branches are open for regularly scheduled business hours.
- The Friends of the Library Bookstore is open regular hours.
- Check out our calendar of events for virtual programs. For virtual storytimes, visit our Facebook page or SJCPL Jr. YouTube channel.
- Chat with a librarian by calling 574-282-4646, Monday-Saturday, 10am-6pm.
- The virtual reference desk is open. Make a 1-on-1 appointment to get help with unemployment, SNAP, TANF, HIP, and rental assistance forms or ask questions about resources.
- WiFi is available in the parking lot of all library branches except the Main Library and Keller Park.
- Connect with us at sjcpl.org or on social media—Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Stay Up To Date with Trusted Sources
St. Joseph County Department of Health – Find the most recent SJC Public Health Orders, general resources for dealing with COVID, downloadable handouts for businesses
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) – In addition to public updates and local resources, this website has the Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard and Map. See what the weekly color-coded score means for our community here.
Regenstrief Institute COVID-19 Dashboard – Up-to-date metrics and data about COVID-19 hospitalization rates, cases, and testing in Indiana.
US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – This website includes information about symptoms, testing, vaccines, stress, and what to do if you are sick.