The St. Joseph County Public Library is inviting residents of St. Joseph County to record and share their personal experiences during the COVID19 pandemic to be preserved for generations to come. Donations will be added to the archives in the Local & Family History room to document the local effects of this global crisis. Such materials become invaluable to future historians and genealogists, so we are seeking to collect a variety of perspectives and accounts of the current events.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to an email list to stay informed about when and how to transfer your materials to the library.
The library will be able to accept donations under the following guidelines:
- Journal/diary entries, narratives, letters, poetry, and other written forms, handwritten or typed
- Typed documents may be printed by the donor or emailed to the library for printing
- Originals are preferred, but scans or photocopies of originals are also accepted
- Photographs (printed on photo paper or computer paper)
- Drawings and other graphic arts in a 2D paper format up to 9”x14”
We regret that we are unable to accept donations of:
- Entire bound journals or notebooks
- Digital photos
- Video or audio files
- Digital art that cannot be printed
- 3D objects or art on canvas
We are aware of several other institutions working on similar archiving projects, so if you would like to donate items that we are unable to accept, let us know and we can work with you to identify another institution that is able to take them.