25th annual photography contest goes digital
Life in Michiana is an annual photography contest in which community members submit photos that capture what makes our community great.
Beginning this year, the contest will accept entries only online. There is no longer a need to print and mat your photographs. Photographers can submit up to two entries and will select one of five categories: animals, people, places, happenings and still life.
Photographers will submit their work by January 1, 2024. Then, professional photographers and library staff will identify the top twenty photographs. The community will cast their votes online through Facebook from January 17 to 25, and the selected photographs will be on display in the Gallery beginning February 1.
Exhibition & Award Ceremony
Photographs will be exhibited at Main Library in the second floor Gallery from February 1 through March. All winners will receive awards at a ceremony and reception in the Gallery on Thursday, February 1 at 5:30p.m. where the finalist photos will be on display as well as a digital presentation of all of the submissions.
Capture what makes our community great!
Entries accepted online November 1, 2023 to January 1, 2024.
- Entries must be taken locally and convey a sense of the people, places, and happenings that make up our great and diverse community.
- Photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi and may be no larger than 11”x14” in size. In general, shoot for a file size of 2MB or larger.
- Entries can be of any photographic medium (black/white, color, manipulated, etc.).
- Entries must be suitable for public display and community viewing.
- One photograph per entry form.
- Individuals may submit up to two entries.