The Library cultivates civic engagement by connecting you with resources to help you register and be prepared to vote. To register to vote, check your voting status, find your voting location, or see your ballot, visit the Indiana Voter Portal.
Register to vote
Upcoming election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Last day to register is Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
Three ways to register to vote:
- Online at Indiana Voter Portal
- By mail using the Indiana voter registration form.
- at any Library location
- at the Voter Registration Office on the 4th Floor of the County-City Building, 227 W. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend IN (Phone: 574-235-9521)
Think you are registered? Double check by visiting the Indiana Voter Portal.
What you need to register:
- Have a valid Indiana Driver’s License or Indiana State Identification Card.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before election day. (A 17-year-old may register and vote in the primary election if the voter turns 18 on or before election day.)
- Have lived in your precinct for at least 30 DAYS before election day.
- Not currently imprisoned after being convicted of a crime.
NOTE: You can register to vote if you were previously incarcerated or are on parole or probation, in home detention, in jail awaiting trial or in a community correction program. For more information visit ACLU Indiana.
- Register to vote
- Check your registration and voting status
- Vote by mail
- Find your voting location
- Learn about election security
- Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases
- Run by independent editors and journalists, focused on looking at specific statements made by politicians and rating them for accuracy.
- A nonpartisan, statewide effort to register new voters and help Hoosiers understand the issues and know the candidates on the ballot.
- Find information about candidates and issues.
- Election information you need, brought to you by the League of Women Voters.
- See your sample ballot and compare candidate answers to policy questions.
- Bendable Community Collection by Lisa Plencner, Director of voter registration for the League of Women Voters of the South Bend Area.