The St. Joe County Public Library will host Science Alive on Feb. 10 (Saturday) at Main Library from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Explore interactive exhibits and hands-on science demonstrations where children will be encouraged to explore science, technology, engineering and math. Local scientists, naturalists, conservationists, artists, medical students and educators that are making a difference in our community will be leading learning throughout the day.
Stage shows will be in the Leighton Auditorium at the following times:
10:15 a.m. to
11:15 a.m. to
12:15 p.m. to
1:15 p.m. to
2:15 p.m. to
3:15 p.m. to
WNDU First Alert Weather
Ever wondered how weather forecasts are predicted? WNDU’s Chief Meteorologist Matt Engelbrecht will give us the inside scoop.
Paleo Joe takes us back in time to dig around the CSI techniques of fossil collection.
Learn more about amazing animals at the zoo and attend a meet and greet session.
Watch science experiences for the young and young-at-heart that you can do at home!
The Physics of Ballet
What do ballet and physics have in common? Join Notre Dame physics major Ella Foster as she explains the science of dance.
RoboMonkies Robotics will showcase the fun of Vex Robotics with hands-on robot demonstrations.
Over forty different local organizations will have exhibits in the Community Learning Center including:
- American Society of Civil Engineers: Indiana Section North Central Branch
- Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Joseph County
- Career Academy Network of Public Schools
- Children’s Museum of South Bend
- Cobb Scientific
- Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
- Green Bridge Growers
- History of Manned Spaceflight
- Indiana School of Medicine South Bend
- Indiana Society of Professional Land Surveyors, St. Joseph Valley Chapter
- Indiana University South Bend Anthropology
- Michiana Astronomical Society
- ND Energy
- Notre Dame Anthropology
- Notre Dame Association for Women in Science
- Notre Dame Biology
- Notre Dame Chemistry and Biochemistry Club
- Notre Dame Engineering
- Notre Dame Neuroscience & Behavior
- Notre Dame Rocketry Team
- PBS Michiana WNIT
- Potato Creek State Park
- Prairie Winds Nature Farms
- Riley High School Magnet Program
- Riverbend Community Math Center
- Rum Village Nature Center
- RV There Yet? Great Futures Inventor Center (Boys and Girls Club of St. Joe County)
- Saint Mary’s College Biology Club
- Science National Honor Society and Science Academic Super Bowl
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust
- Smoke Free St Joe
- South Bend Elkhart Audubon Society
- South Bend Symphony Orchestra
- St. Joseph County Parks
- St. Joseph County Soil & Water Conservation District
- St. Joseph High School Project Lead The Way and Science Club
- St. Joseph High School Science Club
- Studebaker National Museum
- Studio 304
- The Music Village
- Wild Ones South Bend
Science Alive is a free program open to the community. It is sponsored by the University of Notre Dame, Foegley Landscaping and IBEW. Learn more at sjcpl.org/science-alive.