The Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from the St. Joe County Public Library!
Beginning in January, the Libby app, which is created by OverDrive, is replacing the OverDrive app. Here are directions to help you get started with Libby:
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) device:
Download app – Apple Store
Download app – Google Play
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose whether you’d like to open a book in Kindle or Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby, Open Magazine, or Open Audiobook to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return
For more help with Libby, visit help.libbyapp.com