The Maintenance Technician is responsible for safely conducting general repairs and preventative maintenance activities on Library equipment, property, structures, and grounds. Working under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, and with an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the Maintenance Technician will:
- Conduct maintenance on electrical systems including changing ballasts, breakers, GFIs, and lightbulbs.
- Conduct maintenance on HVAC systems including filter changes, coil cleanings, and general troubleshooting.
- Conduct maintenance on plumbing systems including snaking drains, replacing fixtures, and repairing leaks.
- Undertake pest control activities, including spraying insecticides.
- Clearly and proactively communicate activities, whereabouts, and maintenance status with Managers. Keep all appropriate personnel informed of any potential problems or emergency situations.
- Assist with grounds management, including snow and leaf removal.
- Perform drywall repair, painting, and light carpentry as necessary.
- Assist in the set up of displays and meeting rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with building and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Some technical school in applicable field preferred.
- Full time (40 hour workweek), typically Monday through Friday but night, evening, and weekend work as required.
- Required to be on call for emergency.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record, reliable transportation, and reachable by telephone in emergency situations.
- Dependability, punctuality, trustworthiness, initiative, good attendance and work habits.
- Working knowledge of standard maintenance routines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with a broad knowledge in multiple building trades.
- Independent judgment related to emergency and safety matters. Prioritize safety.
- Public service orientation and commitment to excellent and genuine customer service.
- Maintain Library in a safe, secure, clean, and orderly condition.
- Demonstration of character and integrity in all situations while upholding SJCPL’s ethical standards.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, push, pull, and move equipment (up to 50 lbs.) and to stand for long periods of time.
- Thorough understanding of building systems and demonstrated knowledge of maintenance of commercial HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Work efficiently and prioritize important tasks. Make decisions and work independently and interdependently.
- Accept and manage change. Maintain composure and overcome stress in any situation.
- Identify efficiencies and suggest improvements in workflow.
- Be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, energetic, value diversity, and possess a sense of humor.
- Solve problems in a professional manner with library patrons, co-workers, manager, and Leadership.
- Form and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Understand CMMS and prioritize work orders.
- Adapt to a flexible schedule when required in order to meet vendors, perform work during closed hours, and respond to emergency situations.
- Safely and effectively use hand, power, and cleaning equipment.