OPEN INTERVIEWS: Every Friday from 10-2 p.m. at Main Library (3rd Floor, Administrative Offices)
Keep Library spaces and grounds clean and welcoming for our staff and community members. Working under the direct supervision of the Assistant Facilities Manager, and with an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the person in this position perform the following duties:
- Set up and take down chairs, tables, and equipment in all meeting rooms. Clean and disinfect everywhere including restrooms; replenish and maintain supplies. Vacuum, clean carpets, empty trash, and replace light bulbs and tubes. Empties and cleans waste receptacles including recycle containers. Does emergency clean-up which may include interacting with hazardous materials.
- Secure library buildings and set alarm as needed. Maintains patron and staff access to building, parking areas, and grounds.
- Empty curbside book/video drops.
- Maintains cleanliness of library grounds, including ice and snow removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-year experience in custodial/maintenance procedures preferred.
- Full time (40 hour workweek)
- 2nd shift (2:00pm – 10:30pm, M-F), shift premium eligible
- Partial days, evenings, and weekends may be required.
- Reliable transportation and reachable by telephone in emergency situations.
- Dependability, punctuality, trustworthiness, good attendance and work habits.
- Organizational skills and understanding of good cleaning practices.
- Make independent judgment related to emergency and safety matters.
- Maintain Library in a safe, secure, clean, and orderly condition.
- Work harmoniously and cooperatively with supervisor, co-workers and patrons.
- Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time; reach and bend and engage in strenuous physical activities on a routine basis and lift and move heavy objects (50 lbs).
- Effectively and safely use cleaning materials, supplies, and equipment. Recognize and follow-through with detailed cleanliness.
- Accept and manage change.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
- Exercise initiative, be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, energetic, value diversity, and possess a sense of humor.