The Café Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the St. Joe Coffee Company for St. Joseph County Public Library. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Development, and with an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the Café Supervisor will:
- Supervise Café. Train, schedule, and supervise assigned staff. Ensure consistent quality of products and services.
- Provide hands-on customer service. Prepares and serves hot and cold beverages as well as prepared foods and baked goods. Correctly customize orders as requested.
- Make recommendations for new menu items.
- Maintain inventory. Order, receive, and stock supplies or retail products. Keep inventory logs and reports up-to-date.
- Oversee cash register operations, including balancing and reconciling. Receives and processes customer payments.
- Maintain health code standards. Keep regulatory and cleaning logs up-to-date. Handle and dispose of food properly. Clean and sanitize all equipment, utensils, dishes, and work areas. Clean and sanitize service and seating areas.
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment and troubleshoot issues as necessary. Schedule regular maintenance and repairs.
- Assist the Director in creating, revising, and implementing standard operating procedures. Keep operating procedures up-to-date and available to staff in the cafe.
- Communicate with vendors about products and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of previous work experience in a café or coffee shop.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Normal work week is 40 hours.
- Must be available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Public service orientation and commitment to excellent and genuine customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with and proficiency with computers, including Internet, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Windows and Mac OS and communication technologies.
- Demonstration of character and integrity in all situations while upholding SJCPL’s ethical standards.
- Strong management skills and the ability to supervise, coach, mentor and empower staff.
- High level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Dependability, punctuality, trustworthiness, good attendance, and work habits.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and move library materials (20-25 lbs.) and to stand for long periods of time.
- Certified or the ability to become certified in food safety and sanitation practices (ServSafe).
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, good safety record.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate. Make decisions and work independently and interdependently.
- Serve customers quickly, efficiently, and kindly.
- Accept and manage change. Maintain composure and overcome stress in any situation.
- Identify efficiencies and suggest improvements in workflow.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity.
- Understand, endorse, and communicate the St. Joseph County Public Library’s policies and procedures in a courteous, friendly, and positive manner.
- Be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, energetic, value diversity, and possess a sense of humor.
- Solve problems in a professional manner.
- Form and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Work patiently and creatively with all patrons.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain high standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity. Maintain staff confidentiality.
- Become proficient with cash register operations.
- Follow all safe food handling procedures and sanitation practices.
- Manage multiple orders simultaneously and recall faces, names, and preferences of frequent patrons.